Tax Planning Through the Use of Trusts
Pod Cast Date: February 13, 2019
Episode Title: Tax Planning Through the Use of Trusts
Key Take Aways You Can Learn From This Episode:
- Why not a lot of people with taxable estates anymore?
- Why do you need tax planning if estate taxes will affect so few?
- How can an Irrevocable Trust
- protect your home from governmental agencies?
- retain your personal residence tax incentives?
- allow step-up basis opportunity at time of death?
- How can an IRA Beneficiary Trust
- ensure beneficiaries remain as intended after death?
- limit depletion of IRA balance to pay the income tax exposure?
- allow balance to compound interest during the life of the beneficiary?
- How can a Revocable Trust allow married people who have low basis investments that have greatly appreciated have a double step-up in basis?
Looking to find an experienced estate lawyer in the Georgia area who is skilled in asset protection and estate plan preparation? Shannon Pawley is an attorney in Georgia with expertise in estate planning and asset protection. Shannon can provide assistance with creating an estate plan to include making a will and how to establish a trust properly. If you have questions about asset protection or questions about making an estate plan, reach out to Shannon and she will be glad to help answer all the estate planning questions you might have!